Literary Peeps are back!
Grab some Peeps marshmallows, think of a favorite story, and get creative. Pose your Peeps in a diorama telling the story.
Entry forms are available at the Hesston Public Library or here. Visit the library April 10-15 to vote on your favorite display. AKA the Library Peeps Show. Attend the Facebook Event.
- Enter at the library’s front desk during business hours April 3-8. Entry forms are available at the library or here.
- Entries will remain on display throughout the month of April.
- The public will vote for their favorite dioramas in each category on April 10-15.
- The Peep-le’s Choice Awards will be announced by April 21. Winners will receive fame, glory, and a Peep-tastic gift!
- Pick up entries by April 30.
- Contest is open to all ages. There are separate prize categories for children (grade 5 and under), teens (grade 6-12), adults, and groups.
- Dioramas must be based on a book or literary theme.
- All characters must be portrayed by Peeps marshmallows.
- Dioramas must be shoe box sized, or no larger than 18” x 18”.
- Limit the use of food items (other than Peeps).
- Have a title displayed on the front of the diorama.
- Entries may be submitted at the Library’s front desk during business hours on Monday, April 3rd – Saturday, April 8th.
- All entries must be submitted with an entry form.
- HPL reserves the right to omit any entry that is deemed inappropriate.
Spots are still available! Call the library at 620-327-4666 to register.
The library is so much more than books and DVDs.
We want to know how we can serve adults who are not library users.
Please take this short, three question, survey to let us know!
The Hesston Public Library has lots of activities planned for this fall and winter. We hope to see you at one or all of them!
The Hesston Public Library will be CLOSED on Thursday, October 20, 2016 so that all staff may attend the Kansas Library Association annual conference.
The library will re-open on Friday, October 21st at 9 AM.
Get your heart racing on Tuesday, July 19th. We some stories that will scare your socks off…
Learn how to apply monster and spooky theater makeup like the pros!
And yes, there will be FOOD.
Our summer reading program is in full swing. Here’s everything you need to know.
In general, kids’ activities are at 10 AM Tu-Th: Tuesdays for 9-11 year-olds, Wednesdays for 0-4 year-olds, and Thursdays for 5-8 year-olds. Teens have special events throughout the summer. Participants of all ages can read toward personal goals or travel the BookWalks at Dyck Arboretum.
The Hesston Public Library Board of Trustees sponsor today at the library in honor of Director Libby Albers, who recently completed her Master of Library Science degree through Emporia State University’s School of Library and Information Management (SLIM).
Please join us in congratulating her. Great work, Libby!
The Library Board developed the Day Sponsor idea in 2012 as a way of helping the library “go the extra mile.” The library’s tax revenues support regular operations, but day sponsorships allow the library to go above and beyond in the areas of collections, programming and technology.
Honorees are recognized at the library, online, and in the local newspaper, and at a small reception at the library. Day Sponsors also receive recognition through collection items in the library being designated in honor of the celebrated event/person/organization.
Contact the library if you would like to sponsor a day at the library!
Grief Resources at the Hesston Public Library
Reactions and recovery may take many forms. Please let us help connect you with
stories and information during this challenging time.
We have stories to help discuss:
- Peace & kindness
- Separation anxiety
- Being afraid
- A loved one’s traumatic stress
- Death and saying goodbye
- Faith-guided healing
Free Tutoring is back! Thanks to a partnership with Hesston College, we can offer several afternoons this year. Our first session starts February 8th. Pre-register for times on Tues/Thurs or just walk-in on Mon/Wed.